- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne Genreal Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Official opening of the refurbished Boyd and Renowden Chapel Complex
- Community gathers to remember their Fathers
- 2016 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Official Opening
- CEO's Welcome to Bunurong Memorial Park
- School Tours of Melbourne General Cemetery
- Events calendar
Official opening of the refurbished Boyd and Renowden Chapel Complex
The iconic Boyd and Renowden Chapels are an integral part of the history of Springvale Botanical Cemetery, holding the shared heritage of tens of thousands of families’ final farewells since their initial construction in 1936-1940.
Monday 3 October marked another significant moment in the history of these facilities, when the refurbished chapel complex was officially opened by Mary-Anne Thomas MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Health.
Local community representatives, faith leaders, and industry partners joined Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) for the Opening, followed by a high tea in the new multi-purpose facility within the complex, The Atrium.
The refurbishment initiative aimed to restore the chapels to their former brilliance, with heritage restoration elements to preserve the art deco era architecture of the renowned David Frank Cowell-Ham.
Projects such as this do not come to fruition without the expertise of many contributors, and SMCT acknowledge the valued collaboration of Lovell Chen Architects and Allmore Constructions.
At SMCT we believe that we have the responsibility to care for those transitioning through grief.
With facilities such as these, and with care anchored in compassion, we provide a safe haven for mourning, where rituals and customs are respected and honoured.
As society changes, it is important that we continue to remember and honour our shared heritage, and that has been a critical motivation behind the refurbishment of the Boyd and Renowden Chapels.