- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Sanctuary Reflection Space at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne Genreal Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Events calendar
RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
Remembrance Day in Australia commemorates the noble sacrifices of armed forces and civilians during times of war. On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, one minute of silence is observed across the country to mark the cessation of hostilities on the Western front during WW1 following more than four years of intense and gruelling warfare.
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) are proud that the Australian War Graves is located within the grounds of Springvale Botanical Cemetery. It is within these grounds that we co host the annual RSL Remembrance Day Service together with the Returned Servicemen’s League. This years’ event was held on a beautiful Spring day, Sunday, 5 November 2017. There were many community members in attendance including the Premier of Victoria The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP.
Wreaths were laid by SMCT Trust members, the Premier and members of the RSL, remembering and honouring the lives of brave servicemen and servicewomen.
The memorial service was followed by light afternoon refreshments served on-site at the Clarence Reardon Centre function rooms and catered for by Café Vita et flores.