- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Sanctuary Reflection Space at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne Genreal Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Events calendar
Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
The Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust was delighted to recently publish the booklet; Victorian War Heritage – The Rich War History of Springvale War Cemetery and Springvale Botanical Cemetery.
This informative booklet, full of touching stories with details of daring and poignant acts of bravery, will be made available to schools and community groups, free of charge.
The author, Dr Celestina Sagazio, Historian and Manager of Cultural Heritage SMCT said, “It was a fascinating process researching and writing about the rich war heritage of two significant burial grounds. Learning about their individual heroics, deepens our compassion and enhances our admiration for their courage, resilience and commitment to public duty.”
Located within the grounds of Springvale Botanical Cemetery (SBC), the Springvale War Cemetery has 612 burials and is the secondlargest Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Australia. This cemetery, together with the war graves located within SBC, comprise the most comprehensive war graves history in Victoria.
“Victorian citizens have been involvedin wars since the 19th century, and this booklet commemorates the considerable service of many individualswho participated in major conflicts. We’re so proud that Victorian War Heritage will make their stories known to a new generation of Victorians,” said Jane Grover, CEO SMCT.
Funding for Victorian War Heritage was received from the Veterans Council of the Victorian Department of Premier