- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Sanctuary Reflection Space at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne Genreal Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Events calendar
2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
Our community gathered at Bunurong Memorial Park to honour our special mothers during the Mother’s Day Remembrance service on Thursday, 10 May. Reflecting on cherished memories, families created messages, lit candles and shared an evening with others during this touching service. The theme for the evening was ‘high-tea’ and included colourful flowers sitting in teacups, which were symbolic of enjoying precious moments together with loved ones over a cup of tea.
We sincerely thank our event partner, Templeton Family Funerals, and SMCT team members for making this event a memorable one for the community members that attended.
Community members place their message cards with personal wishes.
Personalised messages to honour all mothers.
Music enhanced the enriching atmosphere.
Generations gathered to pay tribute to special mothers.
Celebrant Lyn Pallsey conducted the remembrance service for over 200 community members.
Ellese Templeton, founder of Templeton Family Funerals, and SMCT Trust Member Leigh Mackay lit the remembrance candles.
Community members lit candles in remembrance of a loved one.
Jane Grover, CEO Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
Highlights of the remembrance service included planting a seed in honour of mothers everywhere.
Community members shared stories and connected over the delicious Café Vita et flores high tea.
Templeton Family Funerals partnered with SMCT for the evening.