- One Million Stories - 200 years of Chinese Australians
- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Sanctuary Reflection Space at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne Genreal Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Lotus Garden opens with the recognition of Chinese Australians
- Events calendar
2016 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service
Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) were delighted to host our annual Mother’s Day Remembrance Service, this year for the first time in the stunning new facilities of the recently opened Southern Aurora Centre.
Allison Monkhouse partnered with SMCT to deliver a memorable service for all guests, with Celebrant Susan Bent sharing warm, heartfelt reflections on the significant role that mothers play in all of our lives.
All guests shared ‘thoughts and wishes’ to contribute to the montage, and lit a candle to honour the memory of their departed loved one.
Trust Member Stephen Shipp closed the service, with a poignant reflection on unconditional love.
We look forward to continuing to host significant events such as these at Bunurong Memorial Park, to honour and celebrate life with our communities.