- One Million Stories - 200 years of Chinese Australians
- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Sanctuary Reflection Space at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne Genreal Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Lotus Garden opens with the recognition of Chinese Australians
- Vigil Candle Lit on National Police Remembrance Day
- A Brand New Home for the Centre for Care & Wellbeing
- RSL Remembrance Service at Springvale War Cemetery
- All Souls Day Services 2018
- Worksafe Awards 2018
- Children’s Christmas Remembrance Service 2018
- CCW Christmas Carols on the Lawn
- Annual General Meeting 2018
- Bunurong Memorial Park Christmas Remembrance Service
- Events calendar
Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
In keeping with our commitment to provide beautiful spaces in which to honour and celebrate life, the family witness cremation viewing room at the Springvale Botanical Cemetery crematorium has recently been refurbished and upgraded.
Should you choose witness cremation as part of your journey to saying goodbye, the facility offers family and friends an intimate and peaceful space to reflect upon the life of your loved one.
Twenty family and friends can be comfortably accommodated within the refreshed, softly-muted décor of the viewing room. Whilst more than twenty people can attend a witness cremation, we want you to be aware that this may cause a feeling of being crowded once numbers reach over thirty. You may wish to restrict numbers for this reason, but are not
strictly required to do so.
As witness cremations require specific documentation and operational considerations, your funeral director will guide you and stay with you to ensure the process is as stress free as possible. This is important as twenty minutes is allocated per viewing from beginning to end.
Consumption of food and beverages is not permitted within the viewing room or crematorium premises, although consumption of water is acceptable.
If you wish to extend your final goodbyes, our on-site chapels, reflection spaces and function rooms are available. Our Bookings Team would be happy to provide details on (03) 9546 9691.
As part of fulfilling our remit to meet our families’ needs and expectations, we are pleased to provide you with this upgraded facility so you can honour the life of your loved one as you choose.