- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Sanctuary Reflection Space at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne Genreal Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Events calendar
Sorrento Public Cemetery
On 12 December 2017, Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT) was formally appointed to manage the Sorrento Public Cemetery (SPC).
SMCT is proud to now have nine cemeteries within its care and management.
SMCT are currently working through a transition period with the SPC management team, with a full handover of operations expected to be effective 1 March 2018.
Established circa 1886, SPC has an entrenched and valuable heritage that is balanced with a commitment to meet the future needs of the community. Notable interments include Federal Senator John Button, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Victoria, Vin Heffernan, actor Sophie Heathcote and Dame Zara Bate, the wife of former Prime Minister of Australia Harold Holt.
SMCT is committed to ensuring that SPC operations continue with the same compassion, empathy, dedication of purpose and pride as the existing sites within our care.