- One Million Stories - 200 years of Chinese Australians
- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Sanctuary Reflection Space at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne Genreal Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Lotus Garden opens with the recognition of Chinese Australians
- Vigil Candle Lit on National Police Remembrance Day
- A Brand New Home for the Centre for Care & Wellbeing
- Events calendar
SMCT All Souls Day Services
On the weekend of the Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 November, Spring sunshine greeted nearly 3,000 guests attending All Souls' Day services across four key sites of the Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (SMCT).
The services, held in conjunction with local parish churches, were held at Springvale Botanical and Melbourne General cemeteries, and Bunurong and Cheltenham memorial parks.
The annual SMCT All Soul’s Day services give those in attendance the time and opportunity to reflect upon and commemorate the lives of the faithful departed. The community’s support of the events was evident as many family and friends gathered at each mass to participate in hymns, prayers and readings.
This years’ service at Bunurong Memorial Park was held within the beautiful sanctuary of the Stratus and Cumulus Reflection Spaces, whilst the historic bluestone Catholic Mortuary Chapel was the centrepiece at Melbourne General Cemetery alongside the new Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum which is currently under construction. Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s and Cheltenham Memorial Park’s services were set within the peaceful surrounds of garden beds in full Springtime bloom.
Jane Grove, Chief Executive Officer SMCT, said, “the success, and increasing attendance of our annual All Soul’s Day services is testament to the genuine appreciation and warm reception of our community as we meet their needs. It’s an example of one of the many ways SMCT is dedicated to honouring and celebrating life through ongoing engagement with our communities, and ensuring that everyone can honour the life of their loved ones in the way that they choose.”
If you or your family and friends would like to know more about any one of our mausoleums please feel free to book an obligation free appointment or tour, simply call (03) 8558 8278.