- One Million Stories - 200 years of Chinese Australians
- Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust – announcement of Trust appointments - 2018
- Natural Burials at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Official Opening and Blessing of Melbourne’s Saint Michael the Archangel Mausoleum
- Bunurong Memorial Park awarded Gold in 2018 Driven x Design, Melbourne Design Awards
- 2018 Mother’s Day Remembrance Service at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Artist’s trail winds its way to Bunurong Memorial Park
- Bunurong Memorial Park's Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- Victoria's Proud War History Lives on Through our Booklet
- SMCT Honoured to Now Serve Sorrento's Community
- The Vanitas Experience at Melbourne General Cemetery
- SMCT receives Runner-Up award in the ‘Best Wellbeing Program’
- Sorrento Public Cemetery
- Loved ones honoured at special Christmas Remembrance Service
- SMCT Annual Meeting
- Many voices, singing as one
- A special community service honours the lives of children
- SMCT All Souls Day Services
- RSL Remembrance Day Service 2017
- Revamped Halloween tours sold out at Melbourne General Cemetery
- Springvale Botanical Cemetery’s Cremation Viewing Room Upgraded
- The Sanctuary Reflection Space at Bunurong Memorial Park
- Italian Culinary Heritage Tour at Melbourne Genreal Cemetery
- Dr Alan Wolfelt Visits our Centre for Care & Wellbeing at Springvale Botanical Cemetery
- Bunurong Memorial Park - Runner up in 2016 American Cemetery Excellence Awards
- Lotus Garden opens with the recognition of Chinese Australians
- Vigil Candle Lit on National Police Remembrance Day
- A Brand New Home for the Centre for Care & Wellbeing
- RSL Remembrance Service at Springvale War Cemetery
- All Souls Day Services 2018
- Worksafe Awards 2018
- Children’s Christmas Remembrance Service 2018
- CCW Christmas Carols on the Lawn
- Annual General Meeting 2018
- Bunurong Memorial Park Christmas Remembrance Service
- Events calendar
Vigil Candle Lit on National Police Remembrance Day
Each year Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust is honoured to partner with Victoria Police on National Police Remembrance Day on 29 September.
This year the official annual End of Day Remembrance Service normally held at Springvale Botanical Cemetery will not run due to the public holiday weekend. In lieu of the service a vigil candle will be lit and placed at the Police Memorial located at the cemetery.
The morning service held in Melbourne city conducted by Victoria Police at the Police Memorial situated in Kings Domain Gardens on St Kilda Road will run as per normal.
A tribute will be placed on each of the police officers’ graves at Springvale Botanical Cemetery by the Victoria Police Blue Ribbon Foundation to thank police officers for their bravery and service and ensure that the lives of those who have fallen are honoured and remembered, always.
We welcome police officers, family, friends and the public to visit the Police Memorial at any time throughout the day to honour the lives of police officers.
The End of Day Reflection Service will resume as normal at Springvale Botanical Cemetery on 29 September 2019 run by Southern Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust and Victoria Police.
We understand the importance of being able to honour and reflect on the lives of brave members of our community and we thank families for their understanding.